There is growing demand for nurse aides to assist nurses in hospitals and long term care facilities. Our training program combines classroom, laboratory and clinical training to prepare you for the workplace. You will learn:
- Infection control: How to treat infections and prevent cross infection.
- Body Mechanics: How to safely move patients through understanding body mechanics and techniques.
- Resident care: How to help patients who are in everyday resident care.
- Short Term Care Facility: How to care for people during short-term rehabilitative stays after an injury, or illness.
- Bed making: How to properly make a bed, with or without a patient in the bed.
- Mental health: The basics of patient mental health.
- Patient care: How to assist patients with personal care, hygiene / grooming.
- Vital signs: How to check a patient’s vital signs and communicate them to the doctor/nurse.
- Harness Use: How to safely harness patients to prepare them for moving.
- And much more!
Our training program will prepare you for the Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) examination, giving you the opportunity to earn a better salary than uncertified nurse aides. As you go through your training, we think you’ll find that a career as a nurse aide is very rewarding!