The Wound Care Nurse Certification Course (WCN-C) is a premier training program formulated to meet the basic educational needs of the nurses and other medical professionals working in different clinical settings. This course provides a comprehensive review about different types of wounds and management strategies currently utilized nationally. In addition; skills competency session provides each attendee with the hands-on experience needed to function as a wound care professional. Course participation will increase the knowledge, skills, ability and confidence of the attendees leading to improved patient outcomes.
- Anatomy & Physiology of the skin.
- Phases of wound healing.
- Classifications of wounds: Identification & Treatment.
- Wound Care Dressings: Properties & Uses.
- Debridement Modalities.
- Role of Wound Care Nurse / Wound Care Medical Assistant: Assessment, Documentation, Infection Control, and Consultation, Monitoring & Reporting.
- Skills Lab: Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) Dressing, Wound culture technique, Compression therapy and Aseptic dressing change technique.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
LVN/LPN – Licensed Vocational Nurses
RN – Registered Nurses
APRN – Advanced Practice Nurses
PT / PTA – Physical Therapist
PA – Physician Assistants